Thursday 29 January 2009

Nostalgia for the east

This is a wallpaper in a Vietnamese restaurant in Old Street, that I always used to walk past and love!I was back near my old house today visiting the studio of the lovely photographers Mishkin Mishkin - the special ladies treated me to some serious youtube flights of the conchords action.


It made me very nostalgic being back in that part of town - especially seeing this image from the new Times ad campaign (actually this reminds me more of trips to Brighton whilst at university but it's all starting to blur into one!?)


On the way home I couldn't help popping into a private view. Some interesting work from Abigail Reynolds she uses old tourist books and slices into the surface of the prints. All of these reasons make me miss living in east London.

No comments: