Monday 20 July 2009

SUBURBIA SUPERBIA

As I was finishing my own MA, I didn't get to see the Royal College of Art show. I've just been checking it out online and came across the pieces below by Claas Gutsche Although in black and white his prints still really remind me of Peter Doig (and any excuse to post a doig image). There's definiately a new interest in the Suburban going on at the RCA as quite a few works have references to the outedges of cities. I think urban birds would fit into this category of everyday subject matter.



3 comments:

YHBHS said...

stunning. especially the last one.. so dark...

marcosxcella said...

HEllo,my name is marcos xcella I'm an artist from Bs As Argentina , I work with handmade textile printing ,visit my blog !!!
thank you marcos

Marta said...

Oh I love it.