Monday 16 June 2008

FILLING IN THE BLANKS

These are some photos to fill in the blanks of what I have been up to. They are from the camera on my phone so sorry for the quality, although it makes some look quite dreamy which is a good look, I feel.

This is the studio where I work for four days in the week for a company called The Future Laboratory. This was meant to be my day job but has turned out to be pretty bloody cool as well so I currently have faith in how things turn out for the best sometimes. Oh yes image on the left is Jasmine my super cool Newyorker colleague. And making a star appearance in image on the right is Jasper the studio dog !

I was lucky enough to be sent to Sweden for a project with the Future Laboratory, I stayed overnight at the Grand Hotel Stockholm as our flight got cancel. The interior was designed by Studio Ilse http://www.studioilse.com who has also recently designed interiors for Shoreditch house and the Soho house group of clubs/hotels around london. In the hotel was a specially comissioned screen from Studio job http://www.studiojob.nl/ - it's not a great image but you might be able to make out the objects that make up the pattern within the screen. skulls, ships anchors and bottles of rum, need I say anymore? Another studio shot here - and some more work colleagues eating wasabi beans on the top deck of a restaurant in a old london routemaster bus near Brick Lane, London.
This is one of my prints for my interim show. I was lucky to be able to spread across two tables, I'm dreaming of having a long textiles table to print on , one day .Below is some seriously beautiful wisteria, on the side of a gallery in Camden that I pass on the way into my print studio. I always seem to be really inspired on the that journey, not sure why as it is an extreme urban-jungle but the plants seem to jump out at me. Maybe it's more about having a moment to look around ?The final 5 metres ! OMG can't believe it's done !I just realised I never said who did the wallpaper in the sunshine studio - it was http://www.pottokprints.com/ that I blogged about a few weeks ago.

No comments: